Employment Opportunity for the Position of Executive Director – (VNB)
Volleyball New Brunswick has a dynamic opportunity for an independent, motivated, well organized self-starter. You will report directly to the Executive Board of VNB and work in concert with and supervise our Technical Director and our Program Co-Ordinator. You will also be required to provide support and foster deliverables from our Committee Chairs. The successful applicant will be responsible for implementing and managing strategies that foster growth, support expansion and are creative in matters revenue generation.
Volleyball New Brunswick (VNB) is a non-profit, non-government, equal opportunity organization, dedicated to the development, administration and promotion of amateur volleyball throughout the Province (www.vnb.nb.ca). The Executive Director shall act as the Chief Operating Officer for VNB, and shall be responsible for the effective management of programs, budgets, activities and resources pursuant to the directions provided by the Board of Directors.
In this leadership capacity, the ED shall work with the Board in the development, implementation and achievement of the VNB policies, our business plan and budget. The ED shall work with the Executive of Volleyball New Brunswick, and those designated by the Executive/Board of Directors to achieve the goals of Volleyball New Brunswick.
As leader of VNB, the ED will maintain strong relationships and communicate regularly with all key stakeholders in the Province’s volleyball community, including: members and member clubs, the New Brunswick Interscholastic Athletics Association; University and College Coaches, Volleyball NB Officials Association; other provincial volleyball associations; and Volleyball Canada.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for planning, organization, administration, fundraising and event management
- Responsible for the growth of membership, particularly in identified communities of the Province where growth opportunities exist
- Responsible for effective and efficient communications programs with all key stakeholders
- Policy development and implementation
- Other duties, as directed by the Executive
A post-secondary degree or equivalent experience in recreation management, business, sport management or another related field is a requirement. The successful candidate should have some management experience, sound decision-making ability and a commitment to the advancement of volleyball in the Province of NB.
Special Skills or Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of the sport environment.
- Knowledge of the Canadian Long-Term Athlete Development Model.
- This is a permanent full-time position
- Bilingualism is certainly an asset but not required
- Annual salary to be determined at offer
- Health and pension plans
- Possess a valid driver’s licence
- Start date – approx. June 3rd, 2019
Please send your resume and cover letter to Randy Wilson by May 17, 2019.by 4pm AST.
43 Doyle Street. Nackawic NB. E6G 2B8 – Fax (506) 575-2035
We appreciate all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.